Infiniti FX Forum banner

Dashboard pics

59K views 141 replies 72 participants last post by  SayHey 
#1 ·
here's a pic of my dash.
I live in Antigua (Caribbean) I dont have an Infiniti dealer on the island.
any suggestions?
2004 FX35

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
This should be covered under the basic warranty if you bought new (not sure about transferrability of warranty under other circumstances).

Contact the Infiniti region nearest your area (North America East) and see if they can help ID how you might best get your vehicle serviced.

I doubt it's appropriate to contact Mark Igo's office directly but you may have to get in touch with someone to find out how/if you can have your problem addressed.

Search this forum for his contact or go directly to the nissan/Infiniti corporate site.

http://www.nissannews.com/corporate/index.shtml

Good luck

#5 ·
Hey I think your FX has Smallpox. Hmmm hope it doesn't travel up here.

But good luck I hope they fix that and don't blame it on a cleaner you used.

#6 ·
Bollox said:
Oh my G*d - someone who USES the tape player :shock:
Short of not using it, the secret to "good sound" with that thing is to source from CDs through a quality preamp using a fully adjustable tape deck for recording on your preferred high quality brand of normal bias tapes with Dolby B on --- I've found that high bias tapes, no Dolby or Dolby C sounds way worse. I've stunned a couple of people who didn't realize it was the tape player that was being demoed. They weren't recording engineers, but still ... :wink:

#8 ·
acegreaser said:
The bubbling on the dash is beginning to appear on my 2005 FX45. I don't use any kinda cleaner or polish. Just wet cloth to wipe. I live in the middle east. Could it be the hot hot temperatures?
Must have been. I would start using a windshield sun blocker to minimize further damage.

#9 ·
acegreaser said:
The bubbling on the dash is beginning to appear on my 2005 FX45. I don't use any kinda cleaner or polish. Just wet cloth to wipe. I live in the middle east. Could it be the hot hot temperatures?
hot temperature and water caused this.... don't use water for your dash, just use a dash moisturizer or protectant which i think is much more advisable in you situation since you live in the middle east where temperature goes up so high

#11 ·
Very strange rash on the dash... In case of the first poster, it could be the combo of sun and salt in the air. Salty moisture is nasty, and when I lived in the caribbean I washed my CJ Jeep weekly, or more often.

In general, Vinylex, is a good protectant and does not leave an oily residue or an unatural shine. It does in the first day, maybe, but then it goes away.

#12 ·
this happend to my 05 FX as well. I live in south florida, but nowhere near the beach. I know for a fact that this was a heat problem. Lately the car gets over 100 degrees inside and my wife always forgets to put the sunshade on the windshield. matter of fact I just got off the phone with my local infiniti dealer, and I have an appointment to get this taken care of this "UNDER WARRANTY".
So I am not worried about it.

#13 ·
Hmm, I live in Tucson Arizona where the outside temps are in the 105+ range this time of year. I'm sure the temp inside my FX gets a lot hotter (130+), and I haven't seen this issue in mine. Perhaps humidity does have something to do with it appearing? :idea:

#14 ·
don't think it could be JUST the heat

I live in the Dominican Republic and it's hot as **** all year long here and my dash is fine......y don't have windshield tinted nor use a sun blocker

#18 ·
i have 04 infiniti fx 35 , i've force to change the dashboard by a lot of abnomalies and alteration a cross the dash.! is a defective problem under high temperature country.

#19 ·
Muchilus please keep it in English so we all know what you are talking about. Thanks.

#20 ·
^^^ Guess it didn't work john...

#21 ·
DatMan said:
Perhaps he didn't understand you. Try yelling louder, that might do the trick. :lol:

#22 ·
muchilus said:
pues cuando compre la mia, al antiguo dueno se le dano el tablero y definitivamente tiene que ver con la temperatura, yo le compre el tablero nuevo y me gate uno chelito

el unico problema que tengo ahora es el maldito radio con el cd player. le da un fade in y out! cuando aceleras y no es el ssv function.

claro me le di una hukia

stillen cold intake air con el z-tube
stillen cat back
Stillen headers
undernox underdrive pulley

mi fx 35 tiene 45 hp mas.
ta caminando con un fx 45
hostelo said:
don't think it could be JUST the heat

I live in the Dominican Republic and it's hot as **** all year long here and my dash is fine......y don't have windshield tinted nor use a sun blocker

ingles solo por favor (thank you freetranslation.com) :)

#23 ·
GixxerSteve said:
DatMan said:
Perhaps he didn't understand you. Try yelling louder, that might do the trick. :lol:
Well they just get deleted then :?.

#24 ·
^^^ OOO... the power at your disposal!!!

#25 ·
DatMan said:
And I will use it to RULE THE WORLD!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

#26 ·
johnmax said:
DatMan said:
And I will use it to RULE THE WORLD!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Oh! Oh! Can I be Pinky then? NARF!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.