03 FX45 suspension goes bad? - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
03 FX45 suspension goes bad?

I have an 03 FX45 and I noticed the suspension goes bouncier and harder over time, almost no difference than my 350Z now. I know they are supposed to be a sport suspension, but man, I think shocks are blown on most of them.

My question is, should I replace the shocks with these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KYB-4-GR ... ccessories

Anyone has replaced the OEM with those KYB GR-2? Any noticeable difference?

Based on my research, there should be different parts between FX35 and FX45 but the spec they attached cover both, so not sure if this going to work.

Any better idea to solve this? I wanted to go with BC coils since they are adjustable but price is so much higher, so will not go that route for now.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!!

'03 FX45
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 02:24 PM

Re: 03 FX45 suspension goes bad?

The kyb are an oem replacement but the best investment will be in the bc coilovers or the megans. The ride is like night and day and well worth the price. I did the oem replacement and it was okay but i was alsoon eibach springs, really wasn't any different than taking the ride back to a stock feel, but if you want that good firm not too harsh feeling then you are going to have to spend some money.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 12:53 PM

Re: 03 FX45 suspension goes bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE Fx 45 BeAsT
The kyb are an oem replacement but the best investment will be in the bc coilovers or the megans. The ride is like night and day and well worth the price. I did the oem replacement and it was okay but i was alsoon eibach springs, really wasn't any different than taking the ride back to a stock feel, but if you want that good firm not too harsh feeling then you are going to have to spend some money.
+1

03 Infiniti FX45 | DG/Graphite | Tech | DVD | cargo organizer | H&R | Custom Grill | Moda 22"x9.5" | Goodyear 265/40/22 | Tints | Akebono | Momo | Winter Mats | Black Rails | Tow Package | LED int/ext lights | LED Mirrors | Nismo Radiator Cap | STB | HID Fogs | JEGS Air Oil Separator | HKS Exhaust | Y Pipe | Hankook I*Pike RW11 265/50/20 | Front/Rear GTSpec Braces | AP Racing 6/4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page