brake, SLIP, VDC off lights on - Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
brake, SLIP, VDC off lights on

Hi all,
I have brake, VDC-off, and SLIP light on on my 2003 FX35. It just came up last night. I am able to drive it without any visible problems. I called infiniti service, and they hinted toward lack of brake fluid. Did anybody else have this problem, and how they fixed it? Thanks
Ned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: brake, SLIP, VDC off lights on

brake fluid low will cause this, most likely cause...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03 fx35 awd, tech-sport, black diamond pearl custom paint, H&R lowered/cut, 3 pc maya 20's w/yoko parada spec-x's, 07 body upgrade, 07 dash w/10" sunlight viewable touchscreen pc, factory tech nav display relocated overhead, mercedes s550 mirror turn signal mod, g37 paddle shifters
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parni_valjak77
Did anybody else have this problem, and how they fixed it?
Do a search... it's been discussed quite a bit recently... kinda wonder why though? Coincidence?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 FX35 AWD Touring - GARMIN GVN-53 NAV mod, NAV-TV iPod music and video, PARROT MK6100, VIPER 5901 w/ SMARTSTART & GPS Tracking, Strong Strut STB, MD 5/16" Copper Iso Thermal, LMS intake w/ 3" K&N Cone, BC RACING Coilovers, GT SPEC Ladder Brace, STOPTECH SS Lines, 20" AVARUS AV1 w/ BFG KDW/2's, HAWK HPS Street Pads, 6K HIDs and 5K Fogs, LED lighting everywhere, Sport Pedals with ebrake, Escutcheon...

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 12:42 PM

cold weather, fluid contracts, level is lower....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03 fx35 awd, tech-sport, black diamond pearl custom paint, H&R lowered/cut, 3 pc maya 20's w/yoko parada spec-x's, 07 body upgrade, 07 dash w/10" sunlight viewable touchscreen pc, factory tech nav display relocated overhead, mercedes s550 mirror turn signal mod, g37 paddle shifters
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 01:42 PM

just make sure that your fluid level is up to the line. Does this only happen when start up and the lights lite up?????
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to johnmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatMan
Do a search... it's been discussed quite a bit recently... kinda wonder why though? Coincidence?
Yeah I know I've answered quite a few in the past week or 2. Please search and you will see many reasons why this happens.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

03 FX45 Tech/Premium Liquid Copper Brick/Black, Viper 791XV alarm/remote start/GPS tracking, Nav-TV, XM, nav while driving mod, custom no nag nav mod, backup cam while driving mod, Stillen STB, Custom S550 LED mirror covers, Autolumination LED bulbs, Falken Ziex STZ/04s, Nissan Ipod interface w/80gig video, ORG sticker
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 11:02 PM

Yes, mine was doing the exact same thing a few weeks ago. I took it into the dealer and they found my cruise control switch was bad. Does your cruise control work? Mine stopped working when this happened. Someone else mentioned that their throttle position sensor went bad and caused all those warning lights to come on.

2004 FX35 awd - Ivory Pearl, touring pkg., 20" Oem chrome wheels, Y and midpipe, Motordyne 1/2" spacer, Stillen Stb and Cai, front bra, sport pedal pads, Hawk HPS brake pads, XM Satelite radio installed, 25mm wheel spacers, front and rear.
Girard, Ohio
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 06:28 AM

This happened to me once because the ground on the main wiring harness was loose. Covered under warranty.

Searching found these informative threads:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2013&hilit=slip+vdc
viewtopic.php?t=12223&hilit=slip+vdc

Current: 2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport V6 | White | 2WD |
Previous: 2006 Titan LE CC | Smoke | 2WD |
Previous: 2004 FX35 | D. Graphite | RWD | Sport | 20" EXE Konkave | Yoko Parada Spec-X | MD 1/2" Iso Thermal | +2 | Clear Tails | Bat Overlays | S/S Brake Lines | Strong Strut STB |
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

after adding a little bit of break fluid, all warning lights went away. Thanks guys for your help and input.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 10:28 AM

I had the same problem in my 2005 FX35: "Brake" light on, "VDC Off" light on, "Slip" light on. The first few times it happened when driving downhill and went away when I shut down and restarted. By the end of the Thanksgiving weekend (these things always happen at the start of a long weekend) all three lights came on as soon as I started rolling, even on a level surface. I called the dealer Monday morning and they suggested adding brake fluid and having brake pads checked.

The brake fluid was at the minimum line. Filling it to the full line fixed the problem.

A week later I took the vehicle in and they found the rear brake pads were worn to the limit and needed to be replaced. The reason worn brake pads cause this is because when the pads get thinner, the brake piston has to extend further and that takes more fluid.

Bottom line: If you have this problem, add brake fluid and then get the brakes checked!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Infiniti FX Forum : FX35, FX45 and FX50 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page